Thursday, December 2, 2010

it finally matches

So remember these bad boys? Well after I hung them up in our dining room, Justin came home and asked why green. I didn't realized that it would come out LIME green. Justin wasn't a fan of the color and suggested that we move them into the guest bedroom and use the new can of spray paint which would match our place mats that I made earlier, but I kept delaying re-doing them. I thought it was finally time since we were having a bunch of people over for Justin's surprise birthday party and since I am kinda ocd about trying to have my house perfectly cutesy.
Meet my inspiration- Cost Plus World Market painting for $129
Absolutely not in our budget whatsoever, sooo I make my own =)

Well I started with stark white canvas's from Joann's which were 40% off. Used a little bit of Khaki spray paint (super cheap at Wal-Mart) to give it a little color since my walls are still stark white.

After letting them dry for a couple minutes, I brought them inside and began to paint my branches. I just used craft wood paint from Joann's that I already had which worked perfectly.

I continued to paint the branches on the second canvas so that it would flow together.



Then I just used the circle sponges and dotted the tops of the branches with various colors to match my table decor.


I know its not perfect, but it will due and its WAY less than I could ever afford for a painting.

Now I am a super happy camper. IT FINALLY MATCHES to my place mats that I made back in June!

oh ya, it matches my vase cover I made too! woohoo

happy happy day

now all that area needs is some paint to spruce it up and then we will be in good shape

peace, love, and painting!

1 comment:

  1. SO, SO Cute Lacie! I LOVE it all! You are SO TALENTED!

    I have even started couponing (can that be a verb? haha) after being inspired by your blog!

    ReplyDelete