Monday, June 21, 2010

arts and crafty kind of day

With school nonstop and working more than 4o hours a week, I never seem to have a day completely to myself. Either running errands, cleaning my house, grocery shopping, reading my dreaded marketing and cost control analysis books, or staring at the screen of WebCampus all day...I can never do what I truly want to do. Today was different. We woke up this morning, I had breakfast with my love then picked out his suit for work and a half hour later he was out the door. I had about 12 hours to do whatever I wanted. For the first time in I don't know how long I whipped out my handy dandy sewing machine and was the happiest girl in the world. Last week, I redid an old woodendesk that Justin's dad gave to us for a new arts and craft desk to go along with all of my craft shelfs which are still at moms house. I think mom and T will be happy when I finally move those to my house so they can havetheir office back. Anyways, after 5 cans of spray paint the desk is complete. Today I linedall of the drawers with fabric and added alittle detail to the drawers. As soon as I get new handles for the drawers I'll show you how it all came out, here is a sneak peek=)

A couple weeks ago, I found a couple projects online that I fell in love with. This one in particular was really simple which involved blank canvas's, spray paint, painters tape, and some old newspaper. Within 2 hours, we made a master piece...

and tada, instant art work for less!

Breakdown: Canvas's 50% off at Joanns (for both) $20
Spray Paint 50% of coupons, each can $3.99
Painters Tape (thank you Nicole) FREE
Newspaper (in my recycling bin) FREE

GRAND TOTAL: $31.97
total savings: $31.97
(that's what I call a deal =P)

1 comment:

  1. Lacie...these are SO dang cute! I am SO impressed with your creativity (even if you did find them online)! I seriously love them!

    ReplyDelete