Saturday, December 18, 2010

Goodbye Wisdom Teeth

Last Thursday, I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned and knew that it was finally time to have my wisdom teeth removed. They suggested it a while ago, but decided to ignore it since I absolutely hate the dentist and there was no way that work and school would allow me time off for the recovery. When I was asking questions about the procedure, I was making sure that they would put my completely under because lets face it, I have tears rolling down my face as my iPod is blasting when I get a cavity pulled. There is no way that I would ever be able to make it being awake to have teeth pulled that have not even hit the surface yet! My girlfriend Shilpa from work recently got hers removed and I remember her being knocked out. I called her immediately and she gave me her surgeons name. I called first thing Friday morning and next thing I knew I had an appointment Monday morning at 10am. After verifying my insurance she reminded me to have nothing to eat or drink after midnight. That's when it set in.

Monday morning rolls around and I wake up feeling so hungry. Just knowing that I couldn't eat or drink anything made it so much worse. Justin normally has Mondays off, but since he received his promotion he now works bankers hours and it was his first day in the office. T took off for the day and took me to my consultation and then immediately after that he took me directly back to have them removed. I was scared out of my mind. Last time I went under for surgery, I was in the 7th grade and they had to give me anxiety medicine because I was freaking out. This time I did much better. The fact that the surgeon was pretty good looking helped too, ha! As they were setting everything up, we began talking about our wedding and then next thing you know I'm waking up with gauze stuck in my mouth and not being able to feel my lips or chin.

The drive home was the fastest drive of my life. We were leaving the office, and then all of a sudden I hear T talking to the pharmacy thought the drive thru getting my medicine. Thank you for Vicodin and the strong 800mg Ibuprofen. I got the best part of the couch as Justin and I would call it and passed out! I woke up to T having to leave for basketball practice and then Shilpa and Lindsey from working coming in to take care of me until Justin got home.

I was wearing a scarf since it's always freezing in our house. It was perfect for when I iced my face. I just wrapped it up with bags of frozen corn and ta-da!


Don't mind the after surgery, no make-up, on a lot of pain med look

I though it might make you laugh!

Thank you everyone who helped me out during my chipmunk cheek days

you have no idea how much it means to me!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your recovery was swift! The hunger and inability to chew can be real buggers, no? Well, in the end, it all works out. Those wisdom teeth are out of your life, and you no longer need to worry about them.

    -Ethan Pew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are feeling good now! I also had my wisdom tooth removed last year and it was painful. I was not comfortable doing anything, so I just stayed in bed for days. It heals in time, though.

    Pierre Cardan

    ReplyDelete