Growing up, I always loved this holiday because that meant no school. I never truly understood the meaning of Veteran's Day, until I met Corporal Justin Toranzo. He served in the 1st Marine Division straight out of high school, and was one of the first platoons deployed oversees to Iraq after the war had broke out. I am so proud of all the sacrifices he made to make our home a better place. He put his life on hold to serve our country and better himself as a person. It is so special that he and his brother, Jason, were able to share the same experiences together.

Phil Mickelson
Justin, Pete, and Will
(who he still keeps in contact with)
On Veteran's Day I was able to have meals with the two closest people to me who have served in the Military. Mom, T and I took Justin to Applesbee's before he went to work Thursday morning. I then drove to Arizona for the weekend to be there for his sister Jaclyn's baby shower. That night, Justin's sister Jeniece and I were able to take Jason to Applebee's as well. Even though I made two rounds to Applebees in the same day, it was completely worth it. I felt honored to be able to share such a great day with the boys that mean the most to me.
I am so thankful for you babe and everything that you have accomplished. I know that whatever you decide to do in the future, I will always be by your side and support you. Thank you for supporting me in going to school, and in May it will be your turn. You deserve to use the hard earned GI Bill and receive the free education you worked so hard for.
To all of our friends in the Military, thank you and always remember that you are true heros to all of us back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment